Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Worker Ant
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i'm selling a bike on ebay and get a question about a shipping charge. problem is the guys in New Zealand and i'm in the US. so does anyone know of a cheaper way to ship rather than using UPS, Fed X or DHL? i was thinking of using a freight forwarder but never used one before. i don't think USPS will take the bike box because of the size plus i dont trust their tracking either. so any help would be great, thanks everyone who responds.

·
Registered
390 Posts
USPS will be the cheapest, but I would try to sell it in the US if I were you it's very expensive otherwise maybe more then what your selling it for. Depending on the country USPS will only go as far as the countries your sending it to postal service, then they take over. Sometimes there's customs and duties to worry about to. It would seem like a lot of hassle to me then to just sell it here.

·
Worker Ant
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, i would prefer to sell it in the US or Canada. this guy has been the only one who's shown an interest. i've got it listed on ebay so i'll expect to get some questions from international bidders so if i can have some options for them i think that will help with the sale.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Before I'd worry about shipping, I'd worry about payment. I always get these people nagging about shipping to who knows where even though my auction says US only. The few times I have caved I was sorry I did.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.