Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When did 2 day shipping = 3 day shipping?

I ordered some stuff on line on Saturday.....paid for 2 day shipping..........every other time I've done this, delivery was on Tuesday. Monday afternoon I get a notice of shipping that tells me I'd get it by 7:00 pm on Wednesday. WTF. If I knew that I wouldn't have paid for 2 day.

School me.......when did this change?

Len

·
Frog Whisperer
40,886 Posts
Len J said:

I ordered some stuff on line on Saturday.....paid for 2 day shipping..........every other time I've done this, delivery was on Tuesday. Monday afternoon I get a notice of shipping that tells me I'd get it by 7:00 pm on Wednesday. WTF. If I knew that I wouldn't have paid for 2 day.

Len
it started when they dropped the guaranteed or you don't pay

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hollywood said:
Order Saturday, ships Monday, +2 days = Wed. delivery.

not many places ship on Saturday and count that as a "day", atmo.

don't see how this might be unusual.
I get the math, but I've done this 100's of times and always got the delivery on Tuesday.

Len

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Len J said:
I get the math, but I've done this 100's of times and always got the delivery on Tuesday.

Len

Commitment with FedEx and UPS for second day shipping on Sat will be Wed.. You might of gotten it Tue but I suspect it was more to do with volume( or lack of) than anything else.

Volumes have increased dramatically this year....and we are approaching peak season

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
likely the package didn't get picked up on time (or wasn't dropped at the shipper on time)

although sometimes a shipment will take an extra day due to unusual circumstances, the most common reason is that someone didn't get the package to the shipper on time

or edit...

when the shippers are bored/slow, they'll get things to you faster.. as things get busy the packages that can wait are the ones that get pushed to the back of the line. probably some next day packages pushed your 2nd day package back in line

I've had a similar situation with an online vendor with a delivery arriving a day later than usual recently

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
You tryin' to tell Len that all your'n horses and wagons are gettin' filled up? What the heck kind of world is this becomin'? :)

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Life is such a betch. Damn life is rough, I'm glad I'm not in your shoes with problems like that, I don't think I could handle it, I'd probably would go postal or something.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
froze said:
Life is such a betch. Damn life is rough, I'm glad I'm not in your shoes with problems like that, I don't think I could handle it, I'd probably would go postal or something.
don't go postal, that'll just slow things down even farther!

·
Honey Smack!
7,966 Posts
froze said:
You're not from around these parts are you......

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
On a similar note, the suckers at USPS finally caught on to my brilliant scheme (of turning their free flat rate boxes inside out) and starting printing on the inside of the box as well as the outside.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dave Hickey said:
Commitment with FedEx and UPS for second day shipping on Sat will be Wed.. You might of gotten it Tue but I suspect it was more to do with volume( or lack of) than anything else.

Volumes have increased dramatically this year....and we are approaching peak season
Thanks Dave...that explains the inconsistency.

Len

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
It changed about 8 Fridays back when I bought something on Wednesday and paid for 2 day but the UPS guy didn't feel like walking up my driveway so I ended up getting in on Monday after driving down to the barrio to collect it.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,886 Posts
I used to be able to get "postage" credit on a UPS package that took longer that the alloted time to reach me...that stopped MANY years ago.

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
19,723 Posts
Len J said:
I ordered something Saturday from Amazon with 2-day. Expected it tomorrow (Wednesday), but got it today.

During the week, I've sometimes gotten 2-day orders delivered the next day. Sounds consistent with what Hickey said: depends on how full the airplanes are and how busy the sorters are.

·
Banned
19,737 Posts
Len J said:

Len
We shipped some gear to Hawaii several years ago. Two day to Hawaii is really 3 day, but they don't tell you this. They just hope you don't notice. Overnight is still overnight. The catcher is, they shipped it all in the same crate and they just sit on the 2 day really 3 day stuff for two days. Bizarre.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts