Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had 26...yes, 26...messages on my phone from back on the (scrip) drug blackout week a fortnight ago. i just got around to lissening to dem all (KPCW sorry i missed yer calls yo). so i order the bass and starter kit as re-entry equipment to start playing and gigging again. get a call/voice mail from an old bandmate i hadn't seen in years 'til a couple monfs ago at a goth bar. he was our singer/guitar player (3 piece) in a speedrock/alt band i put together. he's looking for a bassist. i'm going to their practice tomorrow to lissen.

he said it's like sisters of mercy on speed. all original stuff, and they're already gigging. perfecto.

y'alluns kick in more rec's for a solid state 1-piece combo for clubs that'll hold 150-300 folks...

soon to be back on the stizzage and like that!

-J's

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
i had 26...yes, 26...messages on my phone from back on the (scrip) drug blackout week a fortnight ago. i just got around to lissening to dem all (KPCW sorry i missed yer calls yo). so i order the bass and starter kit as re-entry equipment to start playing and gigging again. get a call/voice mail from an old bandmate i hadn't seen in years 'til a couple monfs ago at a goth bar. he was our singer/guitar player (3 piece) in a speedrock/alt band i put together. he's looking for a bassist. i'm going to their practice tomorrow to lissen.

he said it's like sisters of mercy on speed. all original stuff, and they're already gigging. perfecto.

y'alluns kick in more rec's for a solid state 1-piece combo for clubs that'll hold 150-300 folks...

soon to be back on the stizzage and like that!

-J's
you just put it out there and the universe responds.

/ I've been impressed by the Roland Cube amps...not sure that's wnough power for a club that size, but it should be....if you wanna save money look at the Behringer line--you'll get more amp for the $$, but I've heard they break down more often.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Bass/Amps?sku=480675

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bocephus Jones II said:
you just put it out there and the universe responds.
pretty much. how cool is that?

i was looking really seriously for months, for somebody to eat, drink, and watch movies with...

suddently i walked up and there she was. after the RIGHT amount of time living alone.

WTF?

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kpcw said:
J's, you suck at the bass, you are out of practice, tune and your fingers are filled with vodka. Still, there is a huge level of hope here and why? Cause you LOOK like you belong in some sorta band that plays loud music etc. If you never plug your bass into the amp, yet just stand there with the 47 tattoos, sweating alcohol, wearing boots, dirty jeans, a dirty tank top, simply holding the bass and nod your head in the actual beat that one would play the bass with...yer all set. Image alone, you're my bassist :)
rock on charlie, i'm yer sid vicious. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts