Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, hard to believe Europcar news. I know it comes as a total surprise, but Rolland had a recent test come back with irregular cortisol numbers. Of course withdrew from the Dauphine with tight tendons when the news broke. Going to now serve an eight day immediate suspension, so he can't enter any last minute races this week while he begins his recovery for the TDF. Noticed his well known teammate bailed on the Dauphine too when the story about Rolland surfaced.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Folks, hard to believe Europcar news. I know it comes as a total surprise, but Rolland had a recent test come back with irregular cortisol numbers. Of course withdrew from the Dauphine with tight tendons when the news broke. Going to now serve an eight day immediate suspension, so he can't enter any last minute races this week while he begins his recovery for the TDF. Noticed his well known teammate bailed on the Dauphine too when the story about Rolland surfaced.
Hmm, I wondered by Voeckler bailed, now I know why.

·
Registered
12,061 Posts
Yeah, well, part of it anyway. They said he had a sore knee; I think this thread puts things in perspective. Watching the race has been hit or miss with Hockey taking up the evening hours (I live in NH, and the Bruins were in the finals, so ....).
over 30 riders abandoned. you might have noticed the crappy weather during the stage. not much point getting busted up for nothing at this point of the season. but _this_ abandon is significant.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.