Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
i have the sidi genius5... i just bought the R300 a few weeks ago. they feel a bit roomier but i haven't had them out for a really long ride yet, only had the sidis out.

for short rides they're very close.. no comment on longer rides.

·
monkey with flamethrower
821 Posts
Whichever shoe fits, neither is any better than the other. The shoe should fit fairly well before all the heat molding voodoo in the case of the Shimano. Fit, above all else is the most important trait in a shoe.
Honestly there are lots and lots of shoe brands out there that are of equal quality, fit , design or whatever to your choices so why limit yourself to just two models of shoes.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
I used Sidi shoes for years...

and loved them until they no longer fit me. Now I have the R220E and the R300E coming today. I have 200+ miles on the R220E and love them. I have not had them molded yet. BTW, just the heel cup and footbed are moldable. Not the entire shoes like the R300E.

That being said, I prefer the overall feel of the uppers on Sidi. But they no longer with my wide'ish forfoot. The Shimano uppers now feel soo nice and and the fit is perfect. Now they are not supple slippers like SIDI and DMT, but I am very HAPPY!

Shimano are a bit wider in the toe box over SIDI in general.

If Sidi fits you, go that route. Now you won't get CF soles, until you go to the higher models. If the Shimano fit, they are a awesome deal!

You can get the R220 for under $220 and the R300 on eBay for $250!
Both killer shoes.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
You can not buy shoes without trying them on.
Would you send for a mail-order Bride???????

My feet hate Sidi's (even-though I like the way they look)
My feet like Shimano's, but I don't like the blue on the R220's.
My feet used to hate Carnac's until they came out with the M-5's (different footbed)
You need to try them on in a bike shop, and stand in them for at least 5 minutes (on a rug)
The new Carnac's look stoopid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.