Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need new shoes or at least I think I do, not only are my shoes old and worn but I get numb toes on every ride so i assume they don't fit as well as they should.
My question is how should they fit?
When I buy a pair of regular shoes it is normal to have a little room (able to wiggle the big toe) What about a road shoe, should they be roomy or snug? how do I eliminate the numb toe issues I have? thanks!

· You're Not the Boss of Me
7,749 Posts
They should fit about like a gently-laced sneaker or dress shoe... not any snugger. Also, your feet can swell after a few miles, so they may need to be loosened. In my experience, numb toes are usually a function of either too snug a shoe or a flexing sole.

· your text here
13,203 Posts
or cleat position being too far forward, pointing toes down, or "clenching" your toes while riding.

my right foot used to numb all the time. i moved my cleats back a bit, stopped pointing my toes down, and became aware when i was "clenching" my toes. it helped.

but doesnt help mr right HAND from goin numb at all.

· Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
weltyed said:
or cleat position being too far forward, pointing toes down, or "clenching" your toes while riding.

my right foot used to numb all the time. i moved my cleats back a bit, stopped pointing my toes down, and became aware when i was "clenching" my toes. it helped.

but doesnt help mr right HAND from goin numb at all.
Well then...stop clenching the toes on your right hand. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.