Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been searching around on the web and on the forums. I'm looking for matching shoes for both Captain and Stoker for Shimano SPD clips/pedals that have a good road look and performance but with soles so the SPD clip is recessed for stable footing and small amounts of walking. Don't want the full-out MTB type/look with aggressive traction soles. Saving our road shoes with SPD-SLs for our single road bikes only.

I thought I had settled on Shimano SH-RT82 shoes for us both. However, I have a size 12 foot, with my left a fuzz bigger. With normal non-biking shoes sometimes a 12 fits, sometimes are a little small. I tried on a supposedly comparable Shimano road shoe and it was a bit tight. Store suggested try them anyway, and I ordered, a size 48 for me, the biggest they make, and am hoping for the best. But not holding my breath either...

You guys have suggestions for alternatives?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I wear Sidi Dominators for both road and mountain biking. I've walked o rocky trails no problem. On short bike tours I don't usually take a second pair of shoes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.