Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Zaphod Beeblebrox
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I couldn't find a matching pair of brown dress socks to go with the brown Red Wing steel toe shoes and brown belt I wear to work every day. Eff it, I'm wearing black socks, black wingtips, and a black belt. I feel snazzy today. I think I need to get some more nice shoes to wear to work. I want something that is well built, comfortable, and most importantly look great without being a trendy style that I won't want to wear in a few years. I don't mind spending some hard earned coin on nice shoes so recommend me some brands and styles to look for. Brown or black doesn't matter, I go both ways (not kode). Something that looks good with khaki dress pants or a suit.

·
Opus was just napping
21,423 Posts
Been a fan of quality wing tips for years.
They go great with suits and still look great dressing up a pair of jeans.

Brooks Brothers have been known to have sales, that is how I got my two pair.
Better than 50% off.

·
Opus was just napping
21,423 Posts
q_and_a said:
I wear Alden shoes. Classic, well made and more expensive than shoes should possibly be.

http://www.aldenshop.com/
Crap...they have a pair of Burgundy Wing tips in my size--ON SALE!!!

What to do.

·
No hero that's understood
6,100 Posts
thatsmybush said:
Crap...they have a pair of Burgundy Wing tips in my size--ON SALE!!!

What to do.
I'm a pretty standard size, so, no sale for me.

Besides, I already have 4 pairs, so I'm pretty sure I can't rationalize a purchase for a while.

·
Zaphod Beeblebrox
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
q_and_a said:
I wear Alden shoes. Classic, well made and more expensive than shoes should possibly be.

http://www.aldenshop.com/

Don't know if If could quite stomach $400+ for shoes, quite... They look nice though.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have been wearing Ecco and Mephisto shoes to work lately when I'm not in a suit, they are comfy and lightweight. For $400 you can buy 2 or 3 pairs.

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
I'm a big fan of Allen Edmonds shoes. http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonlin...Shoe+Last=&currentpage=1&pageView=image&sort= I have the Park Avenues in black and burgundy; the Fifth Avenues in black and brown, another black pair in a style that is no longer made and two brown pairs in styles that no longer are made. My oldest pair is over 25 years old; several pairs are over 10 years old. They will not last forever, but if you keep them polished, use shoe trees and send them back to AE for resoling and conditioning, they will last for a long time.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
DLMKA said:
Brown or black doesn't matter, I go both ways (not kode). Something that looks good with khaki dress pants or a suit.
Try living your life on the edge a little more.....go for Cordovan. :p

·
Zaphod Beeblebrox
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks MarkS. I can see myself sliding down the slippery slope of male fashion. Soon my $30 dress pants will not be near nice enough.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts