Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

I'm pretty new here, been looking around the forum and I really like this community:)
I see most of you do order bike gear online.
I'm new to the cycling online world so I'm here asking for the best places to shop online, so... which online companies/sites do you recommend to shop from?

Thanks!:thumbsup:

(Sorry if this has been posted before... I did a search but couldn't find anything related to this)

· Registered
7,518 Posts
Don't know where you are, but from NA the UK sites can't be beat right now.
Ribble
Total Cycling
Wiggle
ProBikeKit

· Registered
21,868 Posts
What do you need?

McKaka said:
I see most of you do order bike gear online. I'm new to the cycling online world so I'm here asking for the best places to shop online, so... which online companies/sites do you recommend to shop from?
Depends a lot on what you want to buy. If you're looking for things like tubes and low cost clothing, Performance/Nashar are pretty good. If you're buying wheels, or tires, or frames, or Campy, or Shimano, or whatever, then different sites might be a better choice.

· Registered
336 Posts
Definitely go to your LBS. Unless you don't have one.

Yes, many of us shop online. Yet we also go to the LBS. My last purchase of bibs was online simply b/c none of the local shops carried the ones I wanted.

Especially if you are new to biking, the support you get at a LBS is priceless.

Where are you?

· Registered
913 Posts
trying to find the balance/spread the love.

I try to give the LBS as much business as I can afford, but some things I just cannot justify not ordering from European sources. By that I mean cases where the LBS can't even compete on wholesale pricing. But giving the LBS business where you're able to is in investment that pays off in sometimes unexpected ways.

As far as European websites, probikekit.com is my 1st preferance. After that, I've used totalcycling.com (althought with them, I highly recommend having an international calling card on hand. Their service isn't bad, but sometimes it seems like their operation is a bit bigger than they can handle).

If I order online from a U.S. source, I go to excelsports.com
I've been in their store as well up in Boulder CO, and over the phone and in person, their level of customer service is excellent. IMO enough to justify spending a little more, if it comes down to it.

· Registered
41 Posts
Sizing can be an issue....

if you are ordering clothing online. Euro sizing is much different from what U.S. standards are. Try to read reviews, they will tell if the sizing is true or if you need to order up a size or two. Double XL in Euro sizing fits me tight and I am kinda of thin to American standards 6'1 180.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.