Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
banned from the museum
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the family to Wal Mart (yeah, I know) last night, to get some groceries and school supplies. Of course we went by bicycle, and I took my BOB trailer and bag. I have done this probably 30 times with no issues. Last night the "greeter" told me that I would not be allowed to take the bag inside the store. I asked him when they started disallowing diaper bags, reusable shopping bags, and large purses. His reply was a vacant stare. He finally said that I could take the bag, but only if I left my helmet, gloves, and light with him????? (probably $350 to replace all of that) He refused to guarantee safe return.

I take this bag into stores all of the time. I have only had a problem once before, but the management instructed the employees to allow it,and I never had problems again. Has anyone else had this problem? Am I being unreasonable?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I left work on my bike wearing a backpack. I was heading 6 miles from Watertown, MA to back bay Boston near the Prudential building. I was meeting a guy to buy some tickets for a Red Sox game. I had to stop at the ATM on the way to get the cash. I pull up to a Bank of America ATM in Kenmore Square and proceed into the ATM with my bike. I don't know where he came from but all of sudden this security guard comes up to me and tells me I have to leave cause I can't have my bike in the ATM area. I tell him I don't have a lock and I am not leaving my bike on the street cause it will be gone in a second. He was cool and said he would watch my bike while I got money so that was OK but I never had a problem before taking my bike inside an ATM.

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
My Own Private Idaho said:
I took the family to Wal Mart (yeah, I know) last night, to get some groceries and school supplies. Of course we went by bicycle, and I took my BOB trailer and bag. I have done this probably 30 times with no issues. Last night the "greeter" told me that I would not be allowed to take the bag inside the store. I asked him when they started disallowing diaper bags, reusable shopping bags, and large purses. His reply was a vacant stare. He finally said that I could take the bag, but only if I left my helmet, gloves, and light with him????? (probably $350 to replace all of that) He refused to guarantee safe return.

I take this bag into stores all of the time. I have only had a problem once before, but the management instructed the employees to allow it,and I never had problems again. Has anyone else had this problem? Am I being unreasonable?
Dude...it's WALMART!!! Nuff said. Shop elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Never stepped into a Wal Mart before, but I've had no problems with walking in to a store with a backpack on. In the old days before they tagged things it was more of a problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.