Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would love to see your Rig's set up and ready to head around town for shopping and errands. Do you use bags? Trailer? Whatever you use, i'd love to see picture of the rig set up.

Thanks guys

· Registered
31 Posts
Kestrel Burley

Here's my setup for shopping heavy. I use it to save gas and for shopping on Michigan Ave in Chicago, IL, USA.

It's a 2005 Kestrel Talon Ultegra 9 double 12 -27 cassette with Campy Eurus wheels - my favorite racing and training bike. Attached is a 2005 Burley Nomad.

When I ride with the Burley Nomad it feels like there's nothing there! The Nomad presents very little road and aerodynamic drag, and I can cruise 18 to 20 mph on this setup. If you use the Nomad with a CF bike then use the alternate hitch to prevent scratching the CF frame.

My other cargo bikes are a Giant OCR 1 with panniers and a Pacific mtn bike with panniers.

I normally bike in the Fat burning range when I commute, so 18 to 20 mph is my avg cruise speed.

· Registered
31 Posts
2004.5 Ocr 1

Here's my 2004.5 OCR 1 stock with Jandd Commuter panniers. Hit 29.8 mph top speed on this (flats no wind), and I regularly cruise 18 to 20 mph with this setup even loaded up. I use this most of the time for shopping when not using my Kestrel Nomad setup. Total cost for this setup is $1204.79

· Registered
31 Posts
Pacific

Here's my upgraded Pacific mtn bike from Target. It has XT stuff on it with 2 Jandd Commuter Panniers. I use it for heavy duty shopping or when it's wet or rainy, but actually I prefer not to bike when it rains. It's worth $1141.15

I hit 27.6 mph top speed on it (flats no wind).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.