Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Seat's not level
19,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now all I have to do is convince her mom that she can have it before Christmas....

24" road bike.
View attachment 231248

PDex let me know that a friend of his was selling this little beauty. It's in great shape.

Short Chain just got a 24" cruiser bike a few months ago for her birthday. Mom thinks we just shoudn't give her another bike for the fun of it and wants to wait till Christmas to give it to her.... so she can wait another 5 months to ride it...:rolleyes:

I want to give it to her soon. Maybe after we do our first 100km day on the tandem.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Just give it to her, life is too short for nice NNC machines to sit unused.

·
Seat's not level
19,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it was up to me she would have had it yesterday when I brought it home. I just need to figure out when it's safest to pizz off mom...Maybe Fathers day....

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
Bikes are meant to be given in Spring so they can be ridden! Not at Christmas so you can look at them until the snow melts!

·
Seat's not level
19,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bikes are meant to be given in Spring so they can be ridden! Not at Christmas so you can look at them until the snow melts!
I agree. Guess I could sleep in the playhouse for the summer. :(

·
It's not TOO Cold!
2,498 Posts
How can she be Daddy's Litttle Princess if you can't treat her as such. Buy her adn yourself matching kits while you are at it. Also, just to be sure, buy a new bed for the guest room, 1 that you find comfortable, you may requrie it.

Easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

·
Seat's not level
19,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How can she be Daddy's Litttle Princess if you can't treat her as such. Buy her adn yourself matching kits while you are at it. Also, just to be sure, buy a new bed for the guest room, 1 that you find comfortable, you may requrie it.

Easier to ask forgiveness than permission.
Matching kits = done

We have a set of penguins and a set of zebra jerseys.

·
Hermia commutes
1,496 Posts
I think that it's possible to explain the difference between "stuff you get as presents for a birthday" and "sports gear." Presumably she would not be cruising around the neighborhood or riding to a friend's house on the Felt... So this is a bike for long rides with the family and its purpose is to make those long rides easier/faster/more fun. She's probably smart enough to know the difference...

·
Zaphod Beeblebrox
2,799 Posts
How old is she? My 7-year old has been asking for a road bike. I've got my eyes open for something similar to what you got her.

·
Seat's not level
19,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How old is she? My 7-year old has been asking for a road bike. I've got my eyes open for something similar to what you got her.
She's 9. We were looking for a cross bike, but this one was too good to pass on. She was too small last year.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
It will be so cool if my girl is in to cycling with me like this, I have some good memories of riding my bike with my father as a kid. Obviously it will be up to her.

·
This space for sale
783 Posts
If short chain doesn't know that you have it, you could always leave it out for her to accidentally find. No point hiding a present she's seen.:D

·
Rub it............
3,833 Posts
Bikes are ment to be ridden during the nice warm months. Not sit around waiting for Christmas to happen. I personally think Christmas should be moved to March. Lets flip December and March around on the calender.

·
Seat's not level
19,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mom reluctantly agreed that after 100 miles on the tandem short chain could get her first roadie. Called the shop and ordered some tubes and cross brakes.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,873 Posts
is there ANY way to get a picture of her face when she see's it?...I mean AT THE INSTANT ?

·
Frog Whisperer
40,873 Posts
gotta plan...... have your wife send her out to the garage or playhouse to get something while you lie in wait flash at the ready....man you GOTTA have that picture, she is going to turn inside out!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts