Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which frame is better for me - a compact (sloping TT) frame or one with traditional geometry?

I'm thinking a compact frame would be better as it would decrease the stand over height and let me ride a larger (TopTube -wise) frame.

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
Gill-Again said:
which frame is better for me - a compact (sloping TT) frame or one with traditional geometry?

I'm thinking a compact frame would be better as it would decrease the stand over height and let me ride a larger (TopTube -wise) frame.

Your thoughts?

You're correct, but there can be other issues, like the head tube becoming too tall. I would not move up in size unless you're sure that a 130mm stem is too short, or you know that the larger size will produce the desired handlebar height.

When comparing the TT length, the seat tube angle should also be compared. Steeper angles lengthen the reach. There can be a significant difference of perhaps 1.5cm in the TT length, but only .5cm difference in the reach, if the STAs differ by a full degree.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.