3,902 Posts
Deda RHM
Zipp SSR
3T Ergonova
Pro Compact

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
If you want to stick with 26.0 handlebar and stem, then the Soma Highway 1 and Civia Emerson are both excellent, low cost options for short reach/drop handlebars. I have both bars on different bikes, and the Soma has a slightly shorter drop.

·
Slow but not so steady
598 Posts
I switched to FSA Wing and found that I like the flat top and reach. I actually use the drops more than my last handlebar. The top flat section is just right for my hands. Not too narrow; not too fat

·
Registered
79 Posts
On-One Midge Handlebar

Have these on my commuter. They're considered "dirt drops" I absolutely love them. Made my bike more compact/comfortable. I hate the stretched out feeling. I find myself actually riding in the drops most of the time. It's a geared bike but I have been keeping it in 42/17 (65 gear inches) to test the waters of single speed commuting and mashing up those hills in the drops is sooooo comfy!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I changed to the FSA Wing compact, but found that the "drop" portion, closest to the end of the bars was too short. This might not be a problem for you if you're not in the drops much.
I recently picked up a take-off Cannondale C3 shallow drop from eBay. It fits me better (long drop portion) and was very inexpensive (<$20)

·
Registered
717 Posts
I recently switched from FSA K-wing compact to Easton EC90 Aero. Really pleased. I will have them on both my bikes.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.