Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not looking for carbon or serious gram savings, just live in a windy area and would like to ride in the drops more, but it's hard for me to get low (short reach i think). thanks! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ritchey Logic road, I think. I was on the same hunt. The ritchey bars are shorter and shallower than the salsa short n' shallow... Wait, Ritchey Biomax is shallower;
reach=130mm, drop=75mm

-B

·
Registered
863 Posts
BrianN said:
Ritchey Logic road, I think. I was on the same hunt. The ritchey bars are shorter and shallower than the salsa short n' shallow... Wait, Ritchey Biomax is shallower;
reach=130mm, drop=75mm

-B
My EA70 are listed as the exact opposite dimensions 75 reach, 130 drop. Are both those figures correct? If so, that seems like some very long reach.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I like my K-Force Compact and haven't seen any more compact. I also prefer the regular over the ergo drops.

Material: Carbon / Kevlar
Weight: 200g. (44cm)
Width: 40, 42, 44cm on center
Drop/Reach: 125/80
Stem Size: 31.8mm
The FSA K-Force features continuous carbon/kevlar composite construction, next-generation ergonomic bend for Ergopower/STI. Double-width single cable groove design improves stiffness and fatigue life, reinforced and textured lever and stem clamping areas.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Toothpick said:
I like my K-Force Compact and haven't seen any more compact. I also prefer the regular over the ergo drops.

Material: Carbon / Kevlar
Weight: 200g. (44cm)
Width: 40, 42, 44cm on center
Drop/Reach: 125/80
Stem Size: 31.8mm
The FSA K-Force features continuous carbon/kevlar composite construction, next-generation ergonomic bend for Ergopower/STI. Double-width single cable groove design improves stiffness and fatigue life, reinforced and textured lever and stem clamping areas.
OP is looking for an inexpensive, non-carbon bar. I think the FSA K force is exactly the opposite to that.

OP: if you look on line and on ebay, check out Easton EA30 or EA50. They have a slight ergo bend, but reach and drop in the 75/130 +/- range. Can be found very cheap (I've seen as low as $10) on ebay. They are decent in weight. EA70 is exactly the same except lighter and seems to demand higher much price to save the 50 grams.

If you can find either Deda Newton or Deda 215 "shallow", they are similar drop and reach (75/135), but classic smooth bend. Sometimes used on ebay they are reasonable price, but they are on the light side of aluminum bars and therefore attract more bids. They are identical except for clamp size Newton = OS, 215 = 26.0

As far as I can tell, the absolute shallowest are around 120 mm and the ones I'm aware of are Bontrager VR and the FSA Omega, both "medium" price range (~$60?) and decent weight. I just bought a set of Bontrager VR "FIT" (womens) for my daughter and really like the bend and drop. Very compact/small. I might try a set for myself. Right now I'm using the Deda 215 shallow and like them a lot over my old ergo-bend full drop Deda bars. They are hugely more comfortable in the drops, not only because they are about 10 mm shallower, but also because the shape of the bend (smooth) and the long horizontal area of the drop bottoms is just more comfortable.

·
Registered
441 Posts
tindrum said:
not looking for carbon or serious gram savings, just live in a windy area and would like to ride in the drops more, but it's hard for me to get low (short reach i think). thanks! :thumbsup:
Deda Newton

Say the sales literature: "The Newton has 13mm less hand reach than any other handlebar on the market, allowing easier access to your control levers"

They were expensive, but are now available from the performance outlet for $71 (only in 40 & 42 cm)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thank you everyone. i actually found an EA50 for 11 bucks on the bay, versus 40-60 i saw retail on some sites. i'll see how it works, then try some of the other suggestions if it doesnt :thumbsup:

Camilo said:
OP is looking for an inexpensive, non-carbon bar. I think the FSA K force is exactly the opposite to that.

OP: if you look on line and on ebay, check out Easton EA30 or EA50. They have a slight ergo bend, but reach and drop in the 75/130 +/- range. Can be found very cheap (I've seen as low as $10) on ebay. They are decent in weight. EA70 is exactly the same except lighter and seems to demand higher much price to save the 50 grams.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.