Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a mtber. I've been trying different shorts and finding that the chamois is too big for me when the waist is the correct size. Im 5'11, 133 lbs. I can fit 32" casual shorts yet with lycra shorts feel like I need 36". I have a little bit of fat on my stomach, but a skinny butt, and it throws the chamois sizing off. for example the shorts I like are the Castelli Ergo Tre Shorts. the chamois feels good with the large, but waist is tight, I tried the extra large and waist feels better but chamois feels a little large, bulky, and kinda pinches.

Are there any brands that are more for skinny people? so far I've tried primal wear, pearl izumi(these were cheap), 2 louis garneau models(medium and high price). I don't know what it is about the LG's but the chamois in them is sewn in so its bulky, like they didn't stretch it out enough. which I think is part of the above problem. I also have a short torso, so most shorts I have to fold the waist down, otherwise it comes up above belly button.

thanks.

·
I love to climb!
2,052 Posts
Surprised you would even try on a size large, much less extra large. Even that your waist would be 32" if you're only 133 pounds at your height. I'm just over 6' and 155 lbs, and I usually wear medium shorts. I usually buy 32" in casual clothes because 31" is usually hard to find. Anyway, most of my shorts are Cannondale, and I like them fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Look into getting bib shorts...waistband issue solved.
I've tried one pair of bibs, and they made my nipples sore, I read this is common and to have a base layer,. but with a base layer thats almost 3 layers total, and its 90 F with 80%+ humidity here in florida.
Try Etxe ondo- those are skinny ass shorts
thanks.
Surprised you would even try on a size large, much less extra large. Even that your waist would be 32" if you're only 133 pounds at your height. I'm just over 6' and 155 lbs, and I usually wear medium shorts. I usually buy 32" in casual clothes because 31" is usually hard to find. Anyway, most of my shorts are Cannondale, and I like them fine.
I should wear a medium. but never ends up that way. LG and castelli run small according to reviews I read they always say to order a size larger and they were right.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I've tried one pair of bibs, and they made my nipples sore, I read this is common and to have a base layer,. but with a base layer thats almost 3 layers total, and its 90 F with 80%+ humidity here in florida.
You should be able to find bibs on which the straps don't cross the nipples. Also, I don't think you would notice the small extra layer the bib adds, and even if you did this would be much offset by the extra comfort. Very few people go back from bibs to shorts.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I should wear a medium. but never ends up that way. LG and castelli run small according to reviews I read they always say to order a size larger and they were right.
My guess your sizing is off due to "vanity sizing" in the US, measure yourself and check the sizing of the manufacturer. Don't base your size off another item of clothing IE jeans as a 32 waist jean is not 32, most likely they are 34. US manufacturers do this to make you feel good about yourself it seems.
Castelli's measurements are true to the product.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I also went to bibs and back to shorts. I have no comfort issues at all with (good) shorts) without the difficulty of bathroom breaks, hotter with the extra fabric. I recently got a pair of Gore Oxygen shorts which are really nice. I have no idea if they would be good for your skinny butt fit, but Gore tends to run tight so maybe take a look.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.