Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last several years I've worn Cannondale Classic Shorts on longer rides, 60 to 100 miles, because they have a thin chamois. These are their low end (cheapest) shorts. I've tried their more expensive shorts and those of other manufacturers, but the C'dale Classics and my derriere play well together for longer rides. Shorts with a thick chamois don't work for me over about 45 to 50 miles.

I learned recently that Cannondale is no longer selling their own shorts and have gone to Sugoi shorts. I tried a pair of the Sugois with their thinnest chamois, and they're OK but not great.

I have one pair of the C'dales left which I'm saving for centuries.

Anyone out there like me who prefers a thin chamois? What brand/model are you wearing?

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,283 Posts
Yeah, my old Campy shorts have a thin chamois. They're also my least favorite shorts. I agree that the modern penchant for thick thick thick is kind of annoying but I have a feeling that that's what sells.

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
Kucharik makes shorts with leather chamois, probably won't find anything thinner than that. They are in wool shorts. I haven't used a leather chamois in lots of years and know nothing about the Kucharik's except they are gonna be high maintenance.

Wool Shorts Traditional Kucharik

They also have a few different chamois and shorts, but you'd have to research those.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts