Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here - I've been a Mt. Biker for 10 years and have been thinking of spending some time on the road. I have a friend who has a barely ridden Boreas (2-3 years old) with full campy hardware, Mavic Kryserium (sp?) wheels and a carbon fork. He wants $1500.00 for it. Do you think that is a good price? Good bike?

Thanks for your help.

BM

G

·
Ridley Boreas?

Not really, unless the Campy kit is pretty high end that might change my opinion.

You could get a new boreas with centaur components for not much more.

For that matter recently shops have had new Excaliburs with Rival kit on sale for few hundred more. IMO a definite frame upgrade.

·
Every little counts...
3,924 Posts
Does it have those rearward facing dropouts(but not track dropouts)? It is an Al bicycle from the Netherlands?

Okay if the price is right. If you race and ever plan on needing a wheelchange in a race...think about it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spunout said:
Does it have those rearward facing dropouts(but not track dropouts)? It is an Al bicycle from the Netherlands?

Okay if the price is right. If you race and ever plan on needing a wheelchange in a race...think about it.
The price is $1500.00 usd and I will NEVER be racing. What do you think of the price?

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,298 Posts
bullymadison said:
The price is $1500.00 usd and I will NEVER be racing. What do you think of the price?
Unless it's full Campagnolo Record group and at least Ksyrium SSC SL, then it's too much. I've never heard of that brand of bike. Sounds like a generic alloy frame. Such things do not hold value all that well.

If the group is Campagnolo Mirage or Veloce, then $1500 is definitely way too high for a used bike (entry level components).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.