Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Pack Fodder.
1,871 Posts
I used an Edge 305 for a few years with a GSC10 speed/cadence sensor. I did have a couple GSC10s die from corrosion on the circuit board (I now coat them with conformal coating while they are more or less new). After a year or so, the Edge 305 started shutting off during rides, which is a common problem with the model as the internal contacts wear. A battery wiring mod fixed the issue (and voided any warranty), and it lived for about a year before it started dropping workouts during uploads and not aquiring satellites. That was about it for the 305.

Now I have a 500, which so far has been quicker to acquire satellites and has a better mount. No complaints so far, but ask me in a couple years. I ride in wet conditions on rougher roads more often than a lot of people, so my failure rate may be higher. I will say the overall design seems better for the 500, so I have high hopes.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.