Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will have to pull about $175 out of pocket, Selling my new Ultegra 6700, buy the 2010 Force, have a shop take it off and put it on... I miss my double tap...

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
if sram shifting is what you like, then shimano is obviously not for you. But you just got your brand new bike with shimano 6700, why didn't you just upgrade to sram force out of the box. you could've saved some money doing the trade up at the shop

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It didn't cross my mind... Plus I pretty much used all of my bike fund to get the bike last week, this week is a different story.

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
SimonChik said:
It's just a little bit lighter...
taking groupsets into consideration, the Force group is much lighter than the ultegra group. even the rival group is lighter than ultegra...

oh and its sexier

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
SimonChik said:
Force it is, But I can't find it for less than 820 Shipped... Unless I'm looking in the wrong places.
Are you really quibbling about $20 or $30???

Ultegra's great. You'll learn to love the feel of the super smooth shift, even if you love the double tap.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
20-30 bucks is a meal and a half. If there's a deal out there, why not take it. The Ultegra is Okay, but I don't know maybe something is wrong with me. I came from a similar bike if not the same, w/ Force, and I loved it.

·
Sucker for carbon
266 Posts
Yes, go for the SRAM setup. Also, save some money by installing it yourself. There's only a few tools you really need and they'll pay for themselves over time. Plus it's way more rewarding (and cheaper!) to do your own bike wrenching.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I wouldn't mind attempting to do this myself, but I haven't done anything major with bikes... I don't know which BB tool I would need!

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
lol stop wasting your time and just buy it. is your time worth nothing?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts