Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems with Aero bars, I only have a few options as to where to put my Computer.

I like the stem mount idea but, when walking I always cradle or hold the stem of the bike so, that might not be an "ideal" location.

Anyone mod or mount your bike computer to a different location on the bike, if so show some pics and give me some ideas please..........

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
You said Alternative...

I don't currently have one on my fixie. I'm contemplating putting one on to keep tabs on my total miles and possibly average speed. If I do so it will go on my seatpost.

·
Island Hopping cyclist
430 Posts
Get a short length of PVC pipe that is 26mm/1 1/8" diameter that fits between the aerobars, drill two holes, one through each end, then attach it between the aerobars with two sturdy zip ties.

There are those cyclcomputer mounts that are sold at most bike and tri shops.

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
I have seen a couple that fit standard bars that allow you move them forward. My Pro All in one bars have a bracket you can buy to mount your computer on. Here are the two I have used in the past.
By Goodymount

or
By FSA

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
Agree—the PVC pipe is the standard solution, it works well. So does thin-walled aluminum pipe if you're concerned about weight.

And for those who can't resist buying evermore gadgets, there's always the infamous "Second Stem" in lieu of 40 mm worth of spacers. :D

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Hold your bike by the tip of the saddle when walking. Problem solved.

·
Rub it............
3,833 Posts
This mount actually goes on your aerobars. I moves the computer from the stem/Hbars to the aerobars, putting the computer directly below your nose when in the aero position. These work great. The piece with the UCM on it is where the computer attaches. Then that piece threads onto the clamp, which goes around your aerobar.

·
9,790 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
I have the FSA version pictured above and it works great. It is amazingly heavy for its size though so weight weenies may not like it. I don't have the actual weight but it is 2x what you would think it should be by looking at it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.