Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, After a month of raking craiglist and ebay for a bike for my girlfriend, I just HAPPENED to come across a frame and fork that I couldn't resist. I ended up buying it and transfered all of the parts from my Paramount to the "new" bike. My grin couldn't be bigger :D

The bike is a 1981 Bianchi Super Corsa. I would say the condition is fair. There are a fair number of chips to the paint and some large spots with the paint missing. The chrome could use a little cleaning up too. In my eyes, its still perfect. I wanted something that I wouldn't be afraid to take out on rides that may involve some crappy shoulders but one that had history to it too.

Eventually I want to swap out components for what would have been original to the bike. It would be sweet to get a panto-ed stem and seat post to start.

Here are the results:
View attachment 161548
View attachment 161547
The Bianchi on the workstand with the Paramount in the background
View attachment 161549
Off the stand
View attachment 161550
Yes, I biked it home with the Paramount strapped to my back
View attachment 161551
And the girlfriends new ride
View attachment 161552

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I like it

In fact, I like them all. Why swap out the Paramount for the Bianchi. The Paramount's sweet also. What sort of brake levers and pedals are on the Bianchi? Ha ha, what shoes are on your feet? Miyata's cool too.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
What I forgot to mention is: the Paramount is a 55cm frame and I am 6' tall. The Bianchi is a 59cm frame and fits much much better.

The brake levers are just Cane Creek SCR-5's and the pedals are Look PP-396's, the ones with Jaja's signature printed on them.

Here are a few pictures for nostalgia:
You can see just how high my seat post was with the Paramount in this picture
View attachment 161569
And here is a good picture of the head badge
View attachment 161570

I just have to wait for the rain to clear now...

·
Banned
7,071 Posts
Man, I know that feeling- it doesn't matter how classic a bike is, if it doesn't fit, it doesn't fit.

·
What the Hell is going on
5,143 Posts
buck-50 said:
Man, I know that feeling- it doesn't matter how classic a bike is, if it doesn't fit, it doesn't fit.
That's the truth. I'm wrestling with the same problem with my smallish (and much beloved) Bridgestone RB-2.

BTW, love the Paramount.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts