Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Formosan Cyclocross
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing as most of my picture posts involve showcasing Taiwan's mountains and all the choice climbing we get to do... I thought you'd be sick of it and decided to showcase some of our coastline.

Here are a few pictures from our weekend trip around the Heng Chun peninsula. This was my wife's first bike trip of any distance and it was her first ride with multiple hills. She did great and can't wait for more.

We also had a little time to see some of the sandy beaches and beautiful October surfing.

The whole ride was about 100 miles over 2 days and we kept an easy pace.

It was just a great time.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Looks like pretty darn nice fall weather to me.

And great riding.

How was traffic?

·
Formosan Cyclocross
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should see December!

The traffic was pretty much what you see in the pictures... At least for most of the ride. Around the tourist spots it was a little worse, but not bad at all.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Wow, nice roads

and landscapes. How's the water? :thumbsup: .... and your wifes bike is pretty nice to. Does she know what she's got there, lol? :p Treat her good my man. It's always good that she rides with you. Thanks for the pics again.

·
Formosan Cyclocross
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The water is warm. Lots of surfers out.

My wife just got into cycling and she wanted a bike she would feel good on and could grow into. It was the only bike with a full 105 group for the price and just had an all-round better component set. Everything else was Sora/Tiagra 9sp. combos and Alex rims and too few spokes. She loves it and feels great riding.

·
Formosan Cyclocross
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you are interested in doing some rides, PM me. I also have a good friend in Taipei who would like more riding partners.

·
Formosan Cyclocross
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I saw about a dozen surfers out. There are about a dozen good surf beaches around Taiwan and then some world class wind surfing out around the island of Penghu.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I don't understand...!! He's got a good looking wife (with all due respect) who even rides with him! The trees are green and the sky and ocean are blue!

And he's complaining????

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.