Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know at times i leave myself open for the quick dig. I know i sometimes can be out there. But i always try to contribute good or relevant information, and i am just tired of people taking a cheap shot.

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
Any discussions about wheels/tires will result in a 12-page thread that slowly descends into complete madness. As you have found out the hard way.

Whoever's at fault is irrelevant. They all end up like that.

·
Schuylkill Trail Bum
5,133 Posts
It could be worse, pittcanna. You could have started your thread in the incorrect sub-forum.

So, on behalf of cxwrench and all of us here at RBR, I'd like to award extra points to you for putting it in the wheels and tires sub-forum.

Opps. I spoke too soon.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to pittcanna again.
You have to give me an "E" for effort, though.

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Any discussions about wheels/tires will result in a 12-page thread that slowly descends into complete madness. As you have found out the hard way.

Whoever's at fault is irrelevant. They all end up like that.
Agree. You could start a thread about puppies and babies and have it descend into insults and name-calling and

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,563 Posts
You have no idea how 'nice' this forum is compared to many others. There is pretty much no moderation, no one is really 'mean' in any sense of the word. If you can't handle what goes on here, real life must be a *****.

Oh...you live in CA as well, right? There is no such thing as 'real life'.

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
the original post is almost passive aggressive. reminds me of the people who post obtuse things on facebook.
"sometimes life is just unfair"
"omg, martha! what happened? are you okay?"

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
"sometimes life is just unfair"
"omg, martha! what happened? are you okay?"

"I don't want to talk about it. Too traumatic."

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,409 Posts
Agree. You could start a thread about puppies and babies and have it descend into insults and name-calling and

What did you say about my puppy?? Why you passive-aggressive @#$%^&*!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to report you to the moderators now!!!! :p

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,426 Posts
Some people walk around all day, with a "kick Me" sign on their backs, and never know it.

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
It could be worse, pittcanna. You could have started your thread in the incorrect sub-forum.

So, on behalf of cxwrench and all of us here at RBR, I'd like to award extra points to you for putting it in the wheels and tires sub-forum.

Opps. I spoke too soon.

You have to give me an "E" for effort, though.
He didn't start the freakin' thread! Do your goddam homework before you post a cheap shot!

I decided I'm going to avoid the passive-aggressive charge by just going with straight-on active aggressive.

·
δanned
7,005 Posts
I know at times i leave myself open for the quick dig. I know i sometimes can be out there. But i always try to contribute good or relevant information, and i am just tired of people taking a cheap shot.
It sounds like you could use a safe space, Mr. Seagal.

·
Schuylkill Trail Bum
5,133 Posts
He didn't start the freakin' thread! Do your goddam homework before you post a cheap shot!

I decided I'm going to avoid the passive-aggressive charge by just going with straight-on active aggressive.
Oh boy. Another county heard from.

The Mayor of Stupidville, Miscreant County, to put a finer point on it.

·
Darling of The Lounge
4,796 Posts
I really need to visit the Wheel/Tire section more often.

I guess the PO forum might become the new sanctuary for love and acceptance.

·
Schuylkill Trail Bum
5,133 Posts
I really need to visit the Wheel/Tire section more often.

Start by telling everybody that you're running 145 psi in your road tires because the manufacturer says you can go up to 175 psi, and you go faster at higher pressures.

Better yet, cross post it in wheels/tires, general cycling and beginners sub-forums.

·
Registered
15,615 Posts

Compared to a wheel/tire discussion, PO is a haven of tolerance.

In fact, they should ban the topic of wheels/tires from there to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts

Compared to a wheel/tire discussion, PO is a haven of tolerance.
Oh wow, that's scary for the moderator.

·
Non non normal
10,098 Posts
I didn't know wheels and tires could be so much fun. When your my size, it is all about the spoke count and big enough tires that won't pinch flat

1 - 20 of 57 Posts