Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to buy this shoes buy I am hesitant about the color. My bike is livestrong all black with touches of yellow. Rims do have lots of yellow color.
Does this red color would be very odd with my bike? I know black is very good but I like a red one. I only see on the internet but I did not see live yet.

Please help.

·
Cycle Boy
466 Posts
that would look good I think :) I have the BLue ones and they go with everything i have. I was about to get the red ones too. Blue is rarer ;)

·
Registered
614 Posts
I have the livestrong helmet and radars and they look great with the touches of red on my frame and some kits..

Just do it!

·
Administrator
12,953 Posts
FYI- black goes with everything.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I own a pair of Red Vernice Sidi Ergo 2's.

While I think those bright red shoes are the fanciest piece of cycling gear I've ever owned, they really do look rather out-of-place anything other than a red/white cycling kit. The pictures really don't do justice to the color. Believe me, it's the brightest red imaginable!

You can take this as my eurotrash cycling-fashionista opinion if you want, but I wouldn't match the red Sidi's with a yellow-on-black Livestrong kit, that's for sure! :)

I think the best matching Sidi's for a Livestrong kit would be the white/gold 50th Anniversary Ergo 2's. Not sure if they're still available, though.

·
Hucken The Fard Up !
3,983 Posts

or

·
extremely biased
870 Posts
I say do the red anyway, or the white.

I just hate black shoes. I own 3 pairs of ergo2 in the red, white, and the chrome lux, I'll be buying the new red-white-black for 2011 too.

Starnut

·
Höchstgeschwindigkeit
1,378 Posts
I own the Gold trimmed Ergo 2 and would not recommend them. THe gold literally rubs off and discolors quickly. Still a great shoe and shoes only last me a 12-18 months but that's my $.02.

There are yellow trimmed Ergo 2s that would be ideal for you. If I could not find those I would look at all white or the chrome version(have these too).

·
Registered
524 Posts
I was trying to find bright red shoes for a while, my bike is all white with some black, so is my riding gear. I am now between the same red Sidi shoes you are looking at and the Northwave Aerlite 3 in the bright electric blue. Would be cool to have something stand out. If you don't mind the way it looks, no big deal, I'm loving how flashy the shoes are going to be.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Mike Prince said:
No one will really notice when your feet are going round and round at 100rpm, will they?

Personally I would get them.

+1....unless you're just sitting on your bike at Starbucks, how is it going to clash? When you're riding, people don't care. Buy what you like.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
I like the black ones. My 2nd choice is black followed closely by black. Other colors either look feminine to me or are too hard to clean. Go ahead. I've got my asbestos suit on.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks all guys for your input. I really liked the red color as it looks very cool, but I ended up buying the black one and when I received yesterday it was so bright. I was just thinking that red would be more brighter and would be odd with my bike.

Thanks.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sidi Ergo 3

Hello all and happy new year.

I bought the Ergo 3 and it should have come the white with golden line, but by mistake the colar came is white, black and red. Can anyone let me know how should he see that color with livestrong bike?

Lots of color and more lively than the white one after trying to convice myself.

Appreciate your help. Link is

Sidi America Road

Thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts