Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have DA 7800 pedals which use SDP SL system. I would like to get Sidi ergo's but they are designed for look system. I know that both formats are really close. Do I really need an adapter plate? Does anyone use this pedal/shoe combo?

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
The SPD-SL uses the same bolt pattern as the Look pedals.
Just remember, the bolts that come with the SPD-L pedals are NOT compatiable with 2005+ SIDI shoes. You must use SIDI M5 x10mm bolts or any M5 x 10m m Panhead screws. This also goes for the new Look Keo Pedals.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I heard about the incompatibility issue as well

I have a pair of 2005 genius 5.5 carbon's with DA spd-sl pedals and used the chromed dome shaped screws supplied with the cleats and have had no problems. I don't want to run into a problem so is there something I'm missing? thanks

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Maybe the carbon sole is thinner? As the M2 sloes are too thick to use the supplied screws and the longer shimano ones are too short.

According to the SIDI Manual, even with the carbon soles, SPD-SL use the SIDI 10mm bolts and Keo 10mm
Standard Shimano bolts are 8mm and keo and londer shimano are 11mm

So he will be ok with the Egros! I need to get the 5.5 carbon ones then :p.

This info is according Veltec Sports and my trying SPD-SL and Keo cleats on 3 pairs of SIDI shoes with the M2 soles.
the loger Shimano and Keo screws which are M5 x 12mm will come trough the sloe and you can feel them with stock soles. Superfeet or other insloes will eliminate it for most folks.

But this will damage the inserts agsin, according to SIDI and Veltec Sports!
they know about the issues and have nothing to say but go to a hardware store and buy M5 x10mm bolts.

SIDI makes the correct size, but Veltec and no in the US seems to carry them.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am currently using DA pedals on 2003 Genius 4 w/M2 sole. I used the supplied bolts and I do not have any problems with it. Is there a difference between 2005+ M2 soles and older ones?

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Hmm, I also have 2003 TITAN shoes with the M2 sole and the supplied DA bolts did not fit.

Veltec say there is an issue, but you guys don't have one.

I don'I know what to say! Even several LBS here say they same with thier customers shoes.

·
Registered
236 Posts
ergos and da pedals

i ride the ergos and also the limited editions, both with the da orange cleat, have used the screws that came with the cleats. havent had a problem once.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
alibaba93 said:
i ride the ergos and also the limited editions, both with the da orange cleat, have used the screws that came with the cleats. havent had a problem once.

Did you pay msrp on those LTDs? Is the sizing same if you could compare them to Geniuses?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.