Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if there is a big difference between the Sidi Genius 4 Road Shoes and the Sidi Genius 5 Road Shoes? Are they both made from the same last? The Genius 5 fits me well but I'm trying to see if it is worth justifying the higher cost of the newer model. There are so many web deals for the Genius 4. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
414 Posts
frogmorton said:
Does anybody know if there is a big difference between the Sidi Genius 4 Road Shoes and the Sidi Genius 5 Road Shoes? Are they both made from the same last? The Genius 5 fits me well but I'm trying to see if it is worth justifying the higher cost of the newer model. There are so many web deals for the Genius 4. Thanks for any help.
Honestly, it shouldn't matter between the 2. I'd go for the better deal. Last year, I found some 3's in the MTB shoe, there were some differences in a few things, but the fit was the same.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I think the only difference is that there is a strip of plastic in the middle of the velcro on the 5's that is supposed to keep it from slipping, but MTB shoes are all velcro and they never slip.

For deals, check out some of the Eurpoean Web sites, such as www.totalcycling.com, www.11speed.com or www.probikekit.com. They tend to have lower prices than the US sites and people in the Hot Deals forum say they are good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.