Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there own these new shoes by Sidi? How d'you like em?

I am looking at replacing my carbon-soled Specialized shoes and am looking for a suitable replacement. I've heard great things about Sidis and was just wondering.

The MSRP on these is $300, and the Ergo 1 Carbon Mesh are $400. Those of you who have the Ergo 1 Carbon - hwo do you like them?

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,401 Posts
Two things to note:
1) Our team switched to Sidi as a shoe sponsor, so I had a chance to try on all their shoes. I discovered that Sidi's can be added to the group of shoes that hurt my feet.
2) Our team president mentioned to me that he thought that the 5.5 carbon sole wasn't any stiffer than the Millenium sole. (He wears the Ergo 1)

·
Registered
804 Posts
if sidis work for you, they're wonderful shoes...

I've been on older Sidi G4 Carbons for the last 3 seasons which are very similar to the HT Carbons. I personally love them with blue Superfeet insoles. I just picked up a set of Ergo 1s to replace them as my daily shoes and the fit is the same, you just get more micro adjust ability with the dial type buckles.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
interesting...

MR_GRUMPY said:
Two things to note:
1) Our team switched to Sidi as a shoe sponsor, so I had a chance to try on all their shoes. I discovered that Sidi's can be added to the group of shoes that hurt my feet.
2) Our team president mentioned to me that he thought that the 5.5 carbon sole wasn't any stiffer than the Millenium sole. (He wears the Ergo 1)
Veeery interesting. Our team now has a choice of either Sidi or adidas, and Iam trying to decide.

I've tried on the adidas and they don't feel as secure as my Specialized due to the overabundance of mesh in the toe & forefoot area. I like that about my carbon specialized '04 model.

I can get a pro deal on the Sidis and the adidas, so just thinking about what would be best for my needs.

Maybe I'll just get some Sidi Dominators for cross and keep my specilazed for the road.

also, the millenium sole is super-stiff, from what I've heard and you're prob. right it's not a big diff 2 carbon. the carbon seems to just save weight more than anything...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how could they NOT work?

PMC said:
if sidis work for you, they're wonderful shoes...

I've been on older Sidi G4 Carbons for the last 3 seasons which are very similar to the HT Carbons. I personally love them with blue Superfeet insoles. I just picked up a set of Ergo 1s to replace them as my daily shoes and the fit is the same, you just get more micro adjust ability with the dial type buckles.
i thought sidis come in so many variations of whole & 1/2 sizes and 2 diff widths that they are designed to fit anyone's foot, anywhere.

maybe i'm wrong, tho...pls explain if u know sth I don't...

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,401 Posts
Adidas is also on my "can't wear" list.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Supersonic said:
i thought sidis come in so many variations of whole & 1/2 sizes and 2 diff widths that they are designed to fit anyone's foot, anywhere.

maybe i'm wrong, tho...pls explain if u know sth I don't...
I've known a few guys who didn't like them. They had wide feet and had issues with the heel being too wide in the megas. other than that...

PS - regarding your Adidas post, our team rode those last year and they were the worst road shoe I've ever tried. I got 3-4 rides out of the pro carbon model before I scrapped them. The cleat placement was so far forward I couldn't get comfortable... The buckles sucked too. Especially on the MTB model as every time you'd brush something with the buckle it'd un-ratchet. They're going with them again this year and I'm passing which I should have done last year. Even paying something like 26% of list was too much IMO

·
Registered
162 Posts
SIdi Ergo 1

I have these and they are great shoes. I would not pay retail for them of course. The only issue I and others have with them and it is a BIG issue, is the bolts that hold the middle part of the carbon sole on are too big. This can be an issue if you ride Look Keo pedals with float as the bolts rub on the section where you adjust the tension and pushes the cleat up every time you pedal. I solved this by replacing the bolts with ones with flatter heads.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts