Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The soles of the genius 4 feel awfully soft when flexing with my hands. Looking specifically for a racing shoe and want to make sure they aren't too noodley before i buy. Also, anyone use sidis with the carbon sole? Are they uncomfortably stiff?

·
100% Atkins free
34 Posts
180 pounds and my Genius 4s are fine. A big improvement for me over Specialized BG Pros. Had them for one season and love 'em.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,421 Posts
If the nylon Sidi's fit you fine, the carbon will also be fine. It's not the carbon sole that bothers some people, it's the general fit. Some people love Carnac's, some people can't wear them. I can't wear Addias shoes, but I love Shimano R210, 211, and 214's. The carbon Sidi's cost some serious coin, but they'll never go limp.

·
Old, slow, and fat.
3,897 Posts
Field said:
The soles of the genius 4 feel awfully soft when flexing with my hands. Looking specifically for a racing shoe and want to make sure they aren't too noodley before i buy. Also, anyone use sidis with the carbon sole? Are they uncomfortably stiff?
Sidi has a little bit of a different idea as to what makes a good shoe. Nike and Shimano make a carbon sole that is WAY stiff. More efficient for pushing they say. Sidi figures that your foot's gonna give anyway, so why not make the shoe more flexible instead...

Personally, I like the super-stiff, carbon soled Nike Poggios. I have 3 pair if that says anything.

I had some G2s and some Technos and really liked them too. A little heavier perhaps, but they lasted from 1998-2003 with no issues.

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts