Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old pair of Sidi Tecno road shoes that are lorica and am looking to buy a new pair. My foot is a little on the wide side and the lorica material conformed to my foot like leather. Do the mesh have more give or should I stick to the lorica?

· Daylight Fading
1,903 Posts
That's a good question.

I have full lorica SIDI MTB shoes and lorica/mesh SIDI road shoes. Both are comfy and seem to have plenty of give for width.

I got the mesh for the road because, at the time I was riding in Tucson. I thought that they'd be cooler. Not sure if that's even true. I ride in NH now but have no regrets about the mesh.

I would guess that they both have plenty of give.

bt

· Registered
1,558 Posts
If your feet are wide, check out the mega size. Be careful, you may need a half size smaller than previously used. I'm trying to find a 43.5 mega to try on... before I buy a 44 mega which may be a touch loose. I currently am wearing 44.5 reg.

Lorica is reputed to resist stretching, but I stretched mine quite a bit but it took a couple of years to make them really comfortable.

· Registered
638 Posts
I met a rider a couple of years ago who was wearing a pair of leather cycling shoes from back in the 70's. The shoes reminded me of the ones I used when I first started riding. You'd have to nail on the cleats to the sole. The shoes certainly have far better ventilation than modern shoes do as they are made of leather and have lots of large holes punched in them for that reason. Too bad nobody makes a modern version that would fit the clipless cleats.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.