Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently wearing SIDI 5.5 road shoes, but after riding a while the shoes will become a little too loose for me especially now during summer days when I am wearing thinner socks. I was thinking about getting either the ERGO2 or the ENERGY since they seem to have more adjustments. Any one tried either of these shoes?

·
Musculo Med Doc
93 Posts
J,

Well, not sure how much of worth this will prove for you..... seeing as I'm waiting on a new bike to first use my new 5.5s, but I can say - that over the months that I looked into new shoes...... many of the higher level shoes - apparently have very very stiff soles on em'. As I understand it from several reputable sources, if you're more into sprinting/short-n-hard rides...... anything other than the 5.5 will perform exceptionally well. However, if you are more into longer rides, not necessarily constantly dropping the hammer...... the super-stiff full carbon soles will blow your feet apart.

·
Registered
8,116 Posts
I use Energy 2--- mainly because I hate velcro. I have replaced several buckles, but they have at least 10K miles on them. They look a bit rough, but out of my four pairs of shoes, they still receive the most use. I love them. They sole tensioners fell out years ago and were never replaced. They are non carbon soles--- but then again, I find carbon soles overrated.

JimmyORCA said:
I am currently wearing SIDI 5.5 road shoes, but after riding a while the shoes will become a little too loose for me especially now during summer days when I am wearing thinner socks. I was thinking about getting either the ERGO2 or the ENERGY since they seem to have more adjustments. Any one tried either of these shoes?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Jimmy,

I have both the Energy and Ergo 2. Make sure you try on Ergo 2 before you buy. I found this year's Ergo 2 to run large. I sized down almost a full size. Oh, and yes, you can get a very secure fit using all the retention devices on the shoe.

·
Banned
664 Posts
JimmyORCA said:

Sometimes a "liner" in the bottom of the shoe helps with that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.