Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wear a US size 11 and ordered Genius 4's, size 46's and sent them back (to tight). 47's seem to work well....am I crazy or do these shoes seem to fit better a full size bigger?

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
you're crazy??

rdbike said:
I wear a US size 11 and ordered Genius 4's, size 46's and sent them back (to tight). 47's seem to work well....am I crazy or do these shoes seem to fit better a full size bigger?
I wear size 8.5 in just about every shoe. Sidis in a 42.5 fit perfect, just like the charts indicate.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I wear between a 9 and 9 1/2. Flat feet. Sidi size 43 fits me perfect. I still feel they are a bit wide in the back(for me).

·
pack fodder
442 Posts
I'm a US size 10½ and my Sidi G4s are size 45, which is right where their fit chart puts me. I could also wear a 44.5 if I wanted to. I don't know what your feet are like, but a size 47 seems like they'd be too large. Sidi also makes a 46.5 in that shoe (per Sidi's website: "Half sizes are constructed on the same full size last of that model but with a fuller cut, especially in the toe box area."). Are you wearing thick, wool hiking socks when you ride? ;)

·
mad scientist
204 Posts
rdbike said:
I wear US 11 in Nikes (not that i enjoy buying them--they fit my feet best for hoops). Tried on Sidis two weeks ago and needed a 46 in length. Usually in Specialized shoes I wear 45. Do you have a wide or bulky foot? In the Sidis 45.5 was a little too short but width in both 45.5 and 46 was fine. Still i think the length runs a bit short for sizes 11+ it seems.

·
Registered
573 Posts
i wear an 11.5 Asics, and fit a 45.5 Sidi comfortably. could go down to a 45. for Speccy, it was a 45. did the fitting today.

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
Shoes are one of those items that I always buy at an LBS. Correct fit is just too important for comfort. I wear different sizes depending on the manufacturer and/or model. I have narrow feet and most shoes are designed for wide feet.

·
Banned
61 Posts
Sidi's are narrow...I wear a size 9 shoe but move up to a 43.5 for a Sidi shoe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts