·
Roadbikereview Editor
Steelman Eurocross bike
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
278 Posts
I will know after tonight or Sunday. If I go do so no mas and all goes well then I will be at sierra. If I can't get my head in the game on the dirt then I will be there.

·
Roadbikereview Editor
Steelman Eurocross bike
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
ShaneW said:
I would like to join in but I would like to know more about the route/elevation for the B or C group.
Group C will skip Sierra road and go up 237 aka Calaveras Road and turn left to go to Calaveras road by the reservoir.

It's going to be a breeze except for the hard part :)

The B group will get a 15 minute head start at Sierra Road.

The route is here: http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Sierra-Rd-Roadbikereview
fc

·
3,494 Posts
Is the plan to make a loop out of this, or turn around on Calaveras Road and head back the same way? There is always the mighty Welch Creek Road for those who want more climbing!

·
Roadbikereview Editor
Steelman Eurocross bike
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ukbloke said:
Is the plan to make a loop out of this, or turn around on Calaveras Road and head back the same way? There is always the mighty Welch Creek Road for those who want more climbing!
This is out and back. http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Sierra-Rd-Roadbikereview

The loops are no good as far as I know and this will enable all of us to meet up and ride back together as we pick up the other groups on the way back. Calaveras is an amazing road in both directions btw.

fc

·
3,494 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Missed the last RBR ride but would be interested in riding on the 11th. Will probably do the A ride. Is this a hammerfest, or will there be any regroups along the route?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mtn2RoadConvert said:
Missed the last RBR ride but would be interested in riding on the 11th. Will probably do the A ride. Is this a hammerfest, or will there be any regroups along the route?
Hammerfest with regroups!!! lol I can only think of a few places we might regroup... Right after the Sierra climb, at the top of Calaveras going outbound, the turn around spot, back at the top of Calaveras then the end... I have ridden Calaveras a few times and have never managed to stay together its kinda a rough road to pace no? If I may suggest a loop...

http://www.mapmyride.com/route/us/ca/san jose/469128280809424346

This will give us a nice 15-20 miles stretch after we get to the crown of calaveras to set a nice pace line. Since I am pretty sure its going to be every man for themselves going up calaveras rollers... There is a nice store at the calveras/niles canyon junction we can regroup and see what B groupers want to pound the pedals back. since it stays pretty flat for the most part after that.

Chris

·
Roadbikereview Editor
Steelman Eurocross bike
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mtn2RoadConvert said:
There will be regroups for sure (bottom of Sierra, top of Sierra, Felter and Calaveras, end of Calaveras, etc.). There will be periods of diress but it should be a really fun ride.

fc

·
Roadbikereview Editor
Steelman Eurocross bike
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ukbloke said:
That's cool, thanks. Have you discovered the "follow the road" feature on bikely?
Tell me where the is please. I don't really understand bikely.

fc

·
3,494 Posts
francois said:
Tell me where the is please. I don't really understand bikely.
When you are drawing the route there is a check-box called "auto-follow the road" on the panel at the left, just below a set of icons. If you check this box you can click on the map and it will join the last point up to the new point by following the roads automatically. This way you do not have to approximate the road using a set of straight lines. It gets confused by tricky intersections, eg. a freeway clover-leaf, so it is best to revert back to non-auto-follow for those. You can put routes together about 10x faster using this.

·
3,494 Posts
It looks like I can't make the ride as my wife is working that day. There is a slight possibility if the C group ride is open to Dads with daughters on trail-a-bikes!

·
Registered
278 Posts
ukbloke said:
It looks like I can't make the ride as my wife is working that day. There is a slight possibility if the C group ride is open to Dads with daughters on trail-a-bikes!

Just bring her, you will still beat half of the A group up sierra

·
Roadbikereview Editor
Steelman Eurocross bike
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
ukbloke said:
What the hey man? Too many issues and excuses on this thread.

Hey UK, I saw you on Steven Creek just now while I was having lunch at Vivi's (by Cupertino post office). Does Saxo Bank know you're not wearing your sponsor kit during training?

fc

·
Registered
202 Posts
ukbloke said:
You know that you are totally going to destroy the tiny bit of pride/efo I have left when you smoke me going uphill with a trailer and your daughter making funny faces at me as you pull away right? I think its cruel of you to do that to me but I would do it if i could!!:thumbsup:

·
3,494 Posts
ShaneW said:
You know that you are totally going to destroy the tiny bit of pride/efo I have left when you smoke me going uphill with a trailer and your daughter making funny faces at me as you pull away right? I think its cruel of you to do that to me but I would do it if i could!!:thumbsup:
Well, she's out-grown the trailer so now she is pedalling on the trail-a-bike. She is very competitive and a pretty strong rider ... for a 4 year old. I'll teach her how to do "The Look" when about to drop someone. :)

1 - 20 of 150 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.