Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, I need to move to a siesta country. My brain goes dead for about two hours after lunch and I can barely keep my eyes open. Instead of making a post-lunch coffee run, I'd love to go toes-up for an hour or so and get ready to work for the second half of the day. Maybe we can get a mandatory siesta law passed here in Kalifornia. :rolleyes:

·
a jumped up pantry boy
1,784 Posts
mickey-mac said:
Man, I need to move to a siesta country. My brain goes dead for about two hours after lunch and I can barely keep my eyes open. Instead of making a post-lunch coffee run, I'd love to go toes-up for an hour or so and get ready to work for the second half of the day. Maybe we can get a mandatory siesta law passed here in Kalifornia. :rolleyes:
i took a siesta from school today. i told myself i wasnt gonna go if it was raining and was sure it would be flooded in the morning. well i woke up and it was sunny and my heart just broke. then i decided i wasnt gonna go to school anyway and just got back from riding my bike. now im gonna eat way too much food and probably fall asleep for a couple hours

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
mickey-mac said:
greatest gift of these meds besides belaying homicidal and suicidal thoughts:

the ability to sleep lightly after i wake in the morning, and have totally rapid dreams in quick succession. and return to them on demand. greatest thing. so good that i've had issues getting to work on time. hell, i stayed in bed 'til 3 pm on saturday. :) it's better than direcTV.

otoh, i deal with alot of problems at work, helping end users often, and they almost ALWAYS call after lunch, when the sleepiness has set in. :rolleyes:

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
19,723 Posts
mickey-mac said:
I'm like that. My solution: I eat a monster breakfast, take a ride, go to work and skip lunch. Eat a good dinner. I'm more alert through the day and I have a much easier time managing my weight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts