Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Other

Votes: 26 41.3%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
F1000SL
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok who makes the best cycling sock, since most cost upwards of 13.00 dolla per pair. I would like to be well informed. I have tried many brands, the latest and best ever is descente I can't even tell I'm wearing them great stuf no stupid seams great shape. Will buy more.:)

·
waterproof*
41,745 Posts
Target. Get em by the 6 pack.

But only rock the white socks if you can back it up with leg power. I find that the ribbing from the fashion police gets very quiet when they're lined up behind me.

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
moab63 said:
Ok who makes the best cycling sock, since most cost upwards of 13.00 dolla per pair. I would like to be well informed. I have tried many brands, the latest and best ever is descente I can't even tell I'm wearing them great stuf no stupid seams great shape. Will buy more.:)
4 pair of Defeets for $13 at Chainlove now...of course one 2 have pot leaves on them, NTTAWWT.:D

·
Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
I buy mine at discount stores. Last time I bought some they were 6 pair for $8.00. They're very comfy, fit well, and they're white. I'm too much of a retro grouch to get into the colored ones. IMO, they look stupid.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Really I don't see sox as a big deal. I just snag a 6-pack on sale at WallyWorld

·
F1000SL
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where do the white sock brigade ride at

all I see is the proper attire when I ride:D
Yes I bought some of the 6 pack, but they don't last, also I looked a little too Fred like:rolleyes: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
14,776 Posts
Performance Coolmax Elite. Perfect in every way, as far as I can tell, last a long time even when abused, and cheap. I don't understand those Target/WalMart recommendations. Those are cotton socks. Cotton is the worst possible material for socks. Wicking synthetics or wool are the only suitable sock fibers, IMHO.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
JCavilia said:
Performance Coolmax Elite. Perfect in every way, as far as I can tell, last a long time even when abused, and cheap. I don't understand those Target/WalMart recommendations. Those are cotton socks. Cotton is the worst possible material for socks. Wicking synthetics or wool are the only suitable sock fibers, IMHO.
They have synthetic wicking socks at target/walmart/marshalls/tj maxx. Wool has not trickled down yet, unfortunately.

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
JohnnyTooBad said:
+1 on the Performance house brand. Cheap and good.
they don't seem to last long though.

·
Yo no fui.
8,486 Posts

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
Pablo said:
I love the Smartwood tri socks. Got 6 pair of em from Steep and Cheap for about 4 a pair. They come up there from time to time--they are grey, but I don't care.

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
ownedbybiggs said:
-1000 Cotton socks

must be wicking socks...Defeet is best....
cotton socks are the worst. your feet end up all wet and clammy.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Although not white, mine are gray since that is what the discount store had the last time I bought any, I stick to the cheap stuff. I got 4 pair for $10 and they are wicking material, not cotton. I have tried the expensive brands, but they are all too thin for me and a waste of money in my opinion. I prefer thicker socks. I also prefer the really short socks, the ones that are just barely visible above the top of the shoe. I use these for riding and running.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.