Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Frog Whisperer
40,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am heading out this afternoon to turn the silver bike over to the National MS Society. I am registered to ride, if you know anyone that may want to pledge, the first link on my Raffle page will take you to the spot. To win the raffle, the purchaser of the ticket must be present. I will add the details as I get them.

I intend to buy a few raffle tickets and if I win...I will re-donate it to be raffled AGAIN......'cause I ain't making another silver bike it is ONE of a kind!

I estimate the value to be around $400-500. The metal itself is negligible. I have a good 15 hours labor in in at a base rate of $35/hr.

I'll be glad to have this off my to-do list!

·
Frog Whisperer
40,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kykr13 said:
Awesome! Did I hear a rumor about a Lwnje team?
we could do that.....somehow I always come out as a team of one....

It never occurred to me that it might be a 90 mile round trip to deliver it....LOL
any-how.....done

lets_ride....the main reason I went this route was I was totally clueless about how to go about setting up an online raffle (even if I had wanted to deal with that part)

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Touch0Gray said:
I am heading out this afternoon to turn the silver bike over to the National MS Society. I am registered to ride, if you know anyone that may want to pledge, the first link on my Raffle page will take you to the spot. To win the raffle, the purchaser of the ticket must be present. I will add the details as I get them.

I intend to buy a few raffle tickets and if I win...I will re-donate it to be raffled AGAIN......'cause I ain't making another silver bike it is ONE of a kind!

I estimate the value to be around $400-500. The metal itself is negligible. I have a good 15 hours labor in in at a base rate of $35/hr.

I'll be glad to have this off my to-do list!
You only bill $35 an hour? That seems really low for something that takes those kinds of skills. Beautiful bike BTW.

//Is that one of those shaft drive bikes? I can't see the cranks or chain...and your seat's not level. :D

·
Frog Whisperer
40,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't generally bill by the hour, I like to net 35 to 50. It has cranks....just no chainrings. It was getting to the point where I was tired of working on it and every time I messed with it it would get closer to screwing it up, I have over 60 parts into it and even more brazed joints. I only use 2 different temperature "solders", 1450 and 1325 F.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.