Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone other than Ritchey still make a complete line of polished aluminum bars/stem/seatpost? I am putting together a retro build and looking for options?

·
Doesn't like subtitles
3,806 Posts
If your're looking new, check out the Velo Orange website. They specialize in new but vintage style parts. Thomson makes silver seat posts.

·
a real member's member
3,880 Posts
i would buy used and polish 'em up to a mirror-like finish.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,945 Posts
If your're looking new, check out the Velo Orange website. They specialize in new but vintage style parts. Thomson makes silver seat posts.
Thomson's posts are not polished however.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You know, a little jeweler's rouge and a good polishing cloth can make ANY component polished.
I'm not hung up on the polished part, I just can't bear the idea of putting black components on a classic frame. That might be OK on the ubiquitous stealth gray soulless carbon frame, but not on a classic

·
Registered
8,778 Posts
I'm not hung up on the polished part, I just can't bear the idea of putting black components on a classic frame. That might be OK on the ubiquitous stealth gray soulless carbon frame, but not on a classic
If it only needs to be silver, Cinelli makes polished aluminum bars and stems, but they pale in comparison to the Nitto I linked to earlier, and Nitto also has a couple of Nice seat posts..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts