Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't ridden bike since I was I a kid I am 46 now and 260 pounds I want a classic looking bike I'm thinking of the simbi by fezzeri but heard they are overpriced garbage what is a good bike to ride and have fun on

·
a real member's member
3,880 Posts
I haven't ridden bike since I was I a kid I am 46 now and 260 pounds I want a classic looking bike...
try a mawashi. it'll be cheaper and allows for a custom fit.

seriously, find a good, mid-level vintage bike you can add 28-30mm tires. vintage mid-level bikes have chromoly frames (or better), cotterless cranks, all aluminum components, and down tube or bar-end shifters.

·
Registered
7,147 Posts
welcome, as a beginner cyclist you might be best to head to a local bike shop and pick their brains. You might want something with more gears unless you live in a place with no hills or wind. The LBS can also help with making sure the bike is the right size for you. As you get better and thinner you'll want some adjustments made to the bike. I would suggest you look at something like this. https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/...ikes/fx/fx-2/p/1323010-2018/?colorCode=orange It's a little more money but a bike sold by a dealer will come with support.
If it doesn't find another shop.
Make sure you get the right size. You never said how tall you are.
Good luck and you might get better responses in the beginner forum Beginner's Corner

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
welcome, as a beginner cyclist you might be best to head to a local bike shop and pick their brains. You might want something with more gears unless you live in a place with no hills or wind. The LBS can also help with making sure the bike is the right size for you. As you get better and thinner you'll want some adjustments made to the bike. I would suggest you look at something like this. https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/...ikes/fx/fx-2/p/1323010-2018/?colorCode=orange It's a little more money but a bike sold by a dealer will come with support.
If it doesn't find another shop.
Make sure you get the right size. You never said how tall you are.
Good luck and you might get better responses in the beginner forum Beginner's Corner
I am 6 foot 3

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Find a local bike shop that will work with you. I'm not telling you anything you don't already know, but at 6'3" and 260 lbs, you are a big dude. You are going to be hard on your equipment. So go for something that will hold up well for you. Like steel. Don't worry about the weight of the bike - you won't notice the difference between a top of the line 15 pound bike and an entry level 20 pound bike - at least not much of a difference. Get a bike that fits you and your budget and ride the living $hit out of it. If you get hooked on cycling, your next bike (and yes, there's always the next bike) will be a step up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.