Where the girls are the fairest,
the boys are the squarest
of any old state down our way. (hey)
We are all strong for old Florida,
down where the old Gators play.
In all kinds of weather,
we'll all stick together. for
F - L - O - R - I - D - A

(Note, the Mom-lady went to UCLA about a zillion years ago, making tonight a familial grudge match. The Dad-guy is siding with my Gators...I think.)

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
I hate UCLA with a passion, but they beat LSU who beat the Aggies, so part of me wants them to win. On the other hand, my whole family is full of Gator fans. And I don't mind 'em anymore, honestly, since I have a bunch of friends that go there, but I kind of want them to lose just so everyone around here will shut up.

In other words, this is a good day no matter who wins - cause someone will lose.

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was really hoping LSU would make a better showing than they did. Deep down, I wanted it to be an SEC final game. Oh well.

I've got a sixer of Turbo Dog to drink during tonight's game on their behalf.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
UCLA wins.......

sn69 said:
I was really hoping LSU would make a better showing than they did. Deep down, I wanted it to be an SEC final game. Oh well.

I've got a sixer of Turbo Dog to drink during tonight's game on their behalf.
I win my office pool.

I've been telling anyone that would listen from about mid-season that UCLA had the potential to win.......Go Bruins!

Len

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Like I said....SING IT WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Sometimes I think......

sn69 said:
Like I said....SING IT WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm the kiss of death.

Len

·
Rollin' Stones
2,560 Posts
National championships.

So, Florida has had basketball and a football championship within a decade? How many students attend there? Isn't it a smaller school? My gut tells me the NCAA is looking the other way from "booster activities" because of the nice merchandising revenue Florida does for college athletics= dirty program.

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
cydswipe said:
So, Florida has had basketball and a football championship within a decade? How many students attend there? Isn't it a smaller school?
It's a smaller school if you consider the fourth largest university in the United States with 48,000 students "smaller." :rolleyes:

·
Rollin' Stones
2,560 Posts
Well.

paint said:
It's a smaller school if you consider the fourth largest university in the United States with 48,000 students "smaller." :rolleyes:
Thanks, :rolleyes: I guess I was wrong. Maybe I'm thinking of Miami? I thought one of the football/Florida schools was a smaller one.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Len J said:
I'm the kiss of death.

Len
No, that's my title. You can be the hug of death.....:D

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Miami is a lot smaller, but it's a private school so they have tons of money to throw at those kinds of things.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts