Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if(and where) i can buy a 11 tooth and a 26 tooth ring for my '04 10s chorus cassette? these bay area hills are killing me, but i just don't have the money for the upgrade to a triple. thanks.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
bob338 said:
does anyone know if(and where) i can buy a 11 tooth and a 26 tooth ring for my '04 10s chorus cassette? these bay area hills are killing me, but i just don't have the money for the upgrade to a triple. thanks.
Branford Bike Campy cassette individual sprockets

AE Bike Campy cassette individual sprockets

Unfortunately, you can't just slap on an additional sprocket on the large end. On Chorus cassettes the last 4 or 6 sprockets (depending on cassette size) are rivetted together in pairs, so you have to likewise add or subract sprockets in pairs.

Given the number of sprockets that would need to be replaced and the relatively high per-sprocket cost for individual sprockets, your best bet might be to replace the Chorus cassette with an appropriately sized Veloce cassette (about $78 at AE Bike: AE Bike Campy cassettes). Veloce cassettes aren't as shiny as Chorus, and they weigh a few grams more, but they shift and perform just as well as the more expensive cassettes. In addition, Veloce cassettes have all individual sprockets, so sprockets actually can be replaced one at a time.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info...

this looks like it might be smarter to get the triple upgrade kit. if i TRY to piece together a 11-29 setup, i'll have to replace the derailleur and the cassette. so the record upgrade kit is probably the better way to go. plus, the upgrade will make the whole bike record equipped! now if performance can just let loose with a 20% coupon...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts