Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an IF planet X with 130mm rear hub spacing. I have tried a couple of road cranks but the chainstays are so wide it is hard to get a good chainline without the cranks being too near the stays.

Anyone have any crankset recommendations or ideas? Do I need mountain bike cranks?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a SS IF as well. I am using the older Dura-ace cranks with an ultegra triple bottom bracket. Works great. I have 135 spacing. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

Can you answer a few more questions for me, please?

Are your stays crimped at all? Is that a square taper bottom bracket? Where does your chainring mount?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Stays are not crimped. The bottom bracket is the octalink spindle. The chainring mounts on the outside. I use a 42 tooth spot ring with a Phil Flip Flop hub. No problems at all with the chainline. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
303 Posts
wwvbbd? said:
Stays are not crimped. The bottom bracket is the octalink spindle. The chainring mounts on the outside. I use a 42 tooth spot ring with a Phil Flip Flop hub. No problems at all with the chainline. Hope that helps.
I've got the exact same set-up on my Seven SS 'cross: Shimano D-A cranks and BB (used for triples) and Phil Wood rear flip-flop. No probs at all.

M.

·
Squalor
239 Posts
wwvbbd? said:
I have a SS IF as well. I am using the older Dura-ace cranks with an ultegra triple bottom bracket. Works great. I have 135 spacing. Hope this helps.
Girlie bike... :)

At least warsh the dang thing you slacker!

LP

1 - 8 of 8 Posts