Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering changing the cranks on my Tarmac to the SiSL2 cranks.

Couple of questions:
1. Compatibility issues? I am assuming that SPesh's PF30 BB is pretty much the same as Cannondale's BB30 BB...but just wanted to make sure that I won't run into any unforeseen issues.

2. Has anyone seen a Tarmac with the SiSl2 installed? I googled that but did not come up with any images. Maybe it's a no no to have cannondale's cranks on a Specialized?!?! I guess I can always cover up the Cannondale wording with a crankskin protector.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Does your Tarmac have a pure PF30 bottom bracket shell (68 mm wide w/o cups) or that 'carbon shell' version of Specialized's many OSBB versions (61,5 mm wide)?

In the latter case, you may need some additional spindle washers.

Also, are you aware that special tools are required to install/remove the spider(ing) as well as pulling the crank arm off the spindle? (For the latter, there is a work around: using a square taper/Octalink puller with a DIY adapter bar that goes into the spindle and shores up at the crank bolt at the opposite end.)

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply. I am pretty certain that my Tarmac has a "pure" PF 68 mm wide BB with the aluminum insert.

As for installation, bringing her into my LBS to do the job. Love tinkering with my bike but haven't felt confident enough to mess around with the cranks / BB.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts