Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you stop running those godforsaken dropdown banner ads I MIGHT use IE once in a while to surf your site and your advertisers will get another set of eyeballs looking at their ads. As it is...the dropdown ads interfere with being able to type in messages and login. I asked this question in Site Feedback and got no response. Surely I'm not the only one that these ads annoy. And it's not just that they are annoying--they compromise site functionality....tell the big boss that we're all going to Firefox with Adblock and then the advertisers don't get ANY eyeballs.

// rant off. had to get that off my chest after having to switch from IE to Firefox after one too many ads flew down when I was trying to use the site to post a message.

·
Lizzie will ride free
3,156 Posts
Good on ya!

Those ads are the worst. Is it possible I will like your product more because you annoy me? I think not. Oh, and since we're at it, how about banishing all ads with sound?

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
they're quite annoying. the talking furby ads sometimes scare me. I also just noticed that super long posts get advertisments inserted into them. I run IE but am curious about this firefox dealio. I saw the shirt you were wearing at A basin last year on 4-1 BJ2, I got a similar short sleeve tshirt like that. Saw some mountain goats at Abasin before - that place is steep all the way down to the lodge.

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,748 Posts
The ads are as bad as Hotmail now, or any other random site on the net. The cycling ones were fine, dare I say welcome...I'd click some to learn more about the product, especially some of the Competitive Cyclist ones. What happened to those?

I could SO do without AOL, Smileys, and Mate1 internet dating. I know they pay the bills, but is it necessary to prostitute the site to any and all advertisers?

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Friction_Shifter said:
I saw the shirt you were wearing at A basin last year on 4-1 BJ2, I got a similar short sleeve tshirt like that.
Yeah...Grateful Dead meets hawaiian shirt day. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts