Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gregg,

In the old format there was a link for "Return to Message Board" that dropped us back to the first page of the forum - where all the threads start. I haven't been able to find that feature on this board. Other than clicking the back button, the only way I can see is on the tree in the welcome box at the top of the message thread. This is pretty cumbersome, I think.

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,403 Posts
It's at the bottom

If you scroll all the way down, there's a drop down box that you can pick any forum to jump to. It appears to default to the forum you're currently viewing, so if you just hit the GO button, you're back to the main forum page of the post you're viewing.

HTH
Scot
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Scot! I'm sure we'll get the hang of this place soon... nm

OK, here's another problem - you can't just post a title. I tried to just post the reply with "nm", but the software requires at least 5 characters in the message body. I know I don't like that "feature"!!!

Steve
 

·
cyclist
Joined
·
7,904 Posts
The way the new layout is...

...kind of takes away the need for the ole (nm). In fact, titles (formerly known as subject lines) are not even needed. If you leave the title blank, the software will grab the first few words of your post, and use that in stead.

I know, I know, takes a little getting used to. And I still use the ole (nm) myself, from time to time, but I am finding it more and more not necessary.

-gregg

(p.s. I will move the forum jump to the top soon).



BowWow said:
OK, here's another problem - you can't just post a title. I tried to just post the reply with "nm", but the software requires at least 5 characters in the message body. I know I don't like that "feature"!!!

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you can put the forum jump just after the last reply and just above the Quick Reply box (next to the << prev thread | next thread >> links it would be most convenient. This way you can jump back to the forum page after reading the last post without scrolling down or up. Actually, if you could put the forum jump in both places (top and bottom of threads) it would be even more convenient.

I'm also testing the "no title post/auto fill-in" feature with this post...


gregg said:
...kind of takes away the need for the ole (nm). In fact, titles (formerly known as subject lines) are not even needed. If you leave the title blank, the software will grab the first few words of your post, and use that in stead.

I know, I know, takes a little getting used to. And I still use the ole (nm) myself, from time to time, but I am finding it more and more not necessary.

-gregg

(p.s. I will move the forum jump to the top soon).
 

·
cyclist
Joined
·
7,904 Posts
Ask, and you shall receive! Forum jump is now at the top as well as the bottom of the pages! (actually, this was an easy change, 'cuz I had to already make this adjustment for the MTBR crowd.)

-g


BowWow said:
If you can put the forum jump just after the last reply and just above the Quick Reply box (next to the << prev thread | next thread >> links it would be most convenient. This way you can jump back to the forum page after reading the last post without scrolling down or up. Actually, if you could put the forum jump in both places (top and bottom of threads) it would be even more convenient.

I'm also testing the "no title post/auto fill-in" feature with this post...
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top