Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
For me getting on a System 6 after 18 months on a Six13 was like having another gears' worth of power.

you get used to it of course but the stiffness translates to power transfer, it's more comfortable too. Both were designed for 4-6 hour grand tour races. I guess the extra comfort might be partly down to the speed / grin factor! :yikes:

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
The system is simply the next evolutionary step up for Cdale. The 6-13 was an improvement over their best full Al design at the time [ whichever CAAD it was, 7,8,or9] and the system 6 simply ups the ante a bit, as does the super 6 over the system 6. Now that the super 6 is out, prices [both new and used] have dropped dramaticly for the system 6. And that is a good thing.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I had the System Six for a year and really please with the performance, coming from Six13 and I notticed more stable when you going down hill and stiff.

·
Registered
305 Posts
steel515 said:
I tried the system, good... but can I use any stem, or Canondale only? what about bb/crank?
Any differences between last year and this year's frames? I believe proprietary parts might be hard to find in future.
It's a standard 11/8 inch steerer on top, the base is 1 1/2 inch. Other companys have gone that route also.

Propietary parts? Are you talking about the crankset? Just in the last year there has been a large movement to the BB30 standard. Parts won't be a problem.

·
Registered
305 Posts
steel515 said:
I believe proprietary parts might be hard to find in future.
I agree with this, take Trek for example with their one of a kind Madone seat post. It may be very hard to find a replacement post in the future. What good is a bike if you have a broken set post that can't be replaced?

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
That is true, but when you buy a bike from a large company like Trek or Cdale, I doubt you have to worry about a part being obsolete in the near future. If they were to suddenly drop a design, as in the new Madone seatmast, they would undoubtably offer a low cost upgrade to any customer who had one and couldn't get the part for it. An BTW, c-Dales BB 30 is a great design, it's been around for several years, and now that Specialized is also offering it, I think you will see many more jump on the bandwagon soon. I see BB30 cranks for sale seperately all the time on ebay, so there must be plenty around.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Cannondale BB30 is getting popular even Trek offer the Madone with this set up.

·
Registered
305 Posts
zamboni said:
Cannondale BB30 is getting popular even Trek offer the Madone with this set up.
High-end Scotts and Specialized S-Works are also a BB30. Other companies offering a BB30 cranksets are Storck, Zipp, SRAM, Truvativ, and FSA. Only Campy anf Shimano have not annouced plans for a BB30 crank set.

Get on aboard .................. the train is leaving the station!!!

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Looks is one of the MFG may be Specialize as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.