Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got an offer while in my LBS the other day and it seems like a good deal to me. I want to get into Cat 4/5 racing this summer, That being said heres the offer I got.

Six13 Team Frame
Campy Centaur groupset
Campy Zonda wheelset

all for a little under 3000 usd

Now my question is should I take this deal, or go with the six13 pro with slighly better groupset and wheelset? Ultegra and Krysium elites

All recommendations are appreciated

Edit: Brand New frame btw.

· Registered
147 Posts
Both are nice bikes and the frames are essentially the same. If you could wait a little while I would and here's why. After the new systemsix is introduced the six13 team frame will replace the six13 pro as the second teir of cannondale's line up. The six13 pro is supposed to be dropped from the line. If you really want to use the bike for racing I'd reccomend the caad8 because it is stiffer than either six13 and for 2500 you could get one with full DA or get one from last year cheap on ebay (they seem to be going for about $1500)

· Registered
102 Posts
Campy Centaur? Would that be the 2005 edition of the Six13? There are no centaur equiped Six13s in this year's U.S. range (apologies if you are outside the U.S.).

Little under $3000 sounds close to the original retail price. My local LBS had them discounted close to $2300 last July.

· Registered
1,894 Posts
The new System Six offer Sram & Shimano and Europe will get the Campy version, just like what they did on Six13 No Chorus available in U.S. If you can get a deal on the Six13 with Campy I would go for it.

· Registered
102 Posts
It's a shame that Cannondale has cut back on its Campy offerings in the U.S.

I second zamboni, seems like a nice set up at a reasonable price, unless you simply just prefer shimano ... Centaur is on par with Ultegra in my opinion (no flames please).

Heck, I'd be interested, so PM me with your LBS's location and details if you decide to take a pass!

· Registered
1,894 Posts
It's seems to me Shimano is the key partner with Cannondale Healthnet team and we will see them across the product line. I'm glad to have my six13 built with Campy Record.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.