Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I run fenders and 700 x 35s on my commuter. I just replaced my Panaracers with Schwalbes and they don't come close to clearing the fenders. Tires barely spin.

Could the difference between brands be that great, even though they are both 35c tires? I'm a bit stumped by this; I expected maybe a millimeter but it looks like there's a 1/2 inche difference in places.

Thanks

·
Registered
21,830 Posts
Tire width

Bobonli said:
I run fenders and 700 x 35s on my commuter. I just replaced my Panaracers with Schwalbes and they don't come close to clearing the fenders. Tires barely spin.

Could the difference between brands be that great, even though they are both 35c tires? I'm a bit stumped by this; I expected maybe a millimeter but it looks like there's a 1/2 inche difference in places.
The answer is that yes, there could be quite a bit of difference. It seems crazy, but some tire manufacturers don't seem to actually measure their tires mounted on a rim and pumped to riding pressure. Your claim of 0.5 inches (12-13 mm) however seems a bit extreme. It's pretty easy to measure them, so why don't you do that?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.