Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
HyTek *******
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get into some bibs (pun intended), but I'm not sure how the sizes go. I currently wear large Louis G shorts (I'm a 38 waist) but I wear XL jackets (size 46 tall). Do I go with large or XL bibs?
:confused:

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
in most cases XL

all mfrs sizes run a bit different. I'm about your size

Pearl Izumi XL
DeMarchi XXL
Assos XLG or Tir

you are right about in between a 6 or 7 (euro size)

·
i like whiskey
8,405 Posts
PAZ71 said:
I'm looking to get into some bibs (pun intended), but I'm not sure how the sizes go. I currently wear large Louis G shorts (I'm a 38 waist) but I wear XL jackets (size 46 tall). Do I go with large or XL bibs?
:confused:
It's more important to get the strap length correct than the waist sizing on bibs. Nothing worse and uncomfortable than the dreaded camel toe from your new bibs :eek:

I'm 6'5" and about 225lbs and have almost exactly your same body specs. I wear XL shorts pretty much across the board. Santini XXL and Voler XL bibs fit great. Plenty of length in the straps.

·
Registered
114 Posts
innergel said:
It's more important to get the strap length correct than the waist sizing on bibs. Nothing worse and uncomfortable than the dreaded camel toe from your new bibs :eek:

I'm 6'5" and about 225lbs and have almost exactly your same body specs. I wear XL shorts pretty much across the board. Santini XXL and Voler XL bibs fit great. Plenty of length in the straps.
Hey innergel, what's your inseam, if you don't mind?

I am 6'4" 240# with 35.5" inseam. I have always wondered if the straps would be long enough on bibs for someone built like me. Thanks.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'm 6'4" 213 lbs w/ 36" pants inseam - just got some new Descente aero-x pro bibs in a size M and they fit like a glove. Nice stretchy bib part of the bibs work well being tall. I've a 32" waist though - 46/48L jacket. I've a couple of old pr. of PI ultrasensor bibs also in M.

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,886 Posts
How do y'all get so TALL?

It seems like lots of cyclists take their friggin' vitamins more than most people, or something. I'm 6'0", which puts me a good bit above average height, but I'm so often the short one in a group of riders...

·
Registered
114 Posts
My pants inseam is 34" and my waist is about 37" now so I would probably need to get a size larger than you do, but it sounds like I could wear bibs. :)

·
i like whiskey
8,405 Posts
wsexson said:
Hey innergel, what's your inseam, if you don't mind?

I am 6'4" 240# with 35.5" inseam. I have always wondered if the straps would be long enough on bibs for someone built like me. Thanks.

My inseam is in the 35-36" range, so we are pretty close to the same size. Check out bicyclinghub.com. They always have good pricing on Santini bibs. The CX ones are the one's I have.

If you don't mind wearing bibs from a team kit, you can get Nalini bibs for $49 right now. Might be worth going that route to see if you are going to like wearing them before you spend a lot of cash on something else.

At worst case, if the straps are too short, you can splice in a short section of fabric into the straps to make them longer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.