Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently shopping for a new bike and have pretty much narrowed it down to a Madone 5.2 or a Scott CR1. The problem I am having is getting appropriate sizing advice. I am currently living in Singapore and there are limited places to shop. So far, I have been told my frame size should be 56, 54 and anywhere between 51-53. I am pretty much started out and want to make sure I get a good fit but it doesn't look like I can rely on the shops here. Is there a resource where I can get a good idea myself, at least for frame size?

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
comparing is pretty easy...

It's not too tough to compare just about any brand you want, but you have to provide either some very accurate body measurements or dimensions from another bike that you think fits well (based on owning/riding).

One of the most important dimensions is saddle height, from the center of the crank to the top of the saddle, along the center of the seat tube. With this and your height, it's possible to get close. Without saddle height, an accurate cyling inseam measurement, taken with saddle-like crotch pressure will do, but it does not take into account as much as a 2cm difference in saddle height that can occur, just due to preferred foot angle. 2cm is a whole frame size.

http://www.coloradocyclist.com/bikefit/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.