Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a custom fit IF road bike 53c-c ST and 54.5 TT and am considering the Lemond Poprad, but cant decide if I'm better off with 52c-c ST/ 54.2 TT or 49 ST/52.5 TT (these are '03 specs, couldn't seem to find them on-line). Going with the 52 I would lose about 5/16 standover which would be pretty snug, while with the 49 I would gain a whopping 1 1/4 standover which seems kinda much. I don't plan to race and probably ride as much on road as on trail, so I'm leaning towards the 52. Any recommendations or other considerations?

·
Registered
689 Posts
i'd go w/ the 52, otherwise you're looking at 2cm difference in the top tube length between the 49cm lemond and your IF...that's quite a bit. you'll probably feel right at home on the 52...the specs seem very similar to your IF. as for the standover...i wouldn't worry about it. you're not loosing much and the only time standover is an issue is at traffic lights--who stops for those? :)

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
If you are going to be doing lots of trail riding I would go with the 52. But that is just me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a 52 cm

Just got my Poprad last monday. I was worried about standover height, my inseam is 78.5 cm without shoes and the bike is 79.5cm. However the bike turned out to be perfect, and I have plenty of clearance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts